10 Steps for Safe Showings
1. Leave all doors open before leaving the home, so no one will have to touch them to view a room or area in your home.
2. Leave open cabinet doors, drawers, and other spaces buyers might want to see.
3. Turn on lights, lamps and fan switches prior to showings.
4. If temperatures allow, open windows and doors to increase air circulation in the home.
5. When you return home, sanitize all door knobs, light switches and surfaces that may have inadvertently been touched.
6. Ask your agent if a virtual tour is available to reduce the number of homes you will need to see in person.
7. Refrain from touching any surface while viewing a property.
8. Use your own car; do not carpool to showings!
9. Bring hand sanitizer and use it before and after you view a home.
10. Wear a mask. If you don’t have one, ask your agent to bring you a mask to wear.
Recipe for easy sanitary solution from the Center for Disease Control CDC:
Mix 4 teaspoons of bleach (make sure it is not expired) with 1 quart (32 ounces or 4 Cups) of water.
Mix 5 Tablespoons of bleach (make sure it is not expired) with 1 Gallon of water.
I pour the solution into a clean spray bottle, then I spray surfaces and wipe them clean with a paper towel. Finally, I discard the paper towel for maximum sanitization.
According to the CDC, this mixture is effective for disinfection for up to 24 hours.